MOWA Choctaw Housing Authority
|Job Title: Police Officer||Department: Administration|
|Reports to: Lillie Steiner||Employment Status: Full-time|
|Classification: Non-Exempt||Salary Range: $20.00-24.00|
|Supervisory Status: N/A||Revision Date: July 2022|
We are looking for a competent Police Officer to undertake the surveillance of our premises and protection of our staff and visitors. You will be responsible for detecting any suspicious behavior and preventing vandalism, thefts or other criminal behavior.
A police officer must be well-trained in surveillance and dealing with perpetrators. The ideal candidate will inspire respect and authority as well as possess a high level of observation.
The goal is to help the company in maintaining excellent working conditions by keeping our facilities safe and problem-free. Send resume to [email protected].
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patrol premises regularly to maintain order and establish presence
- Monitor and authorize entrance of vehicles or people in the property
- Remove wrongdoers or trespassers from the area
- Secure all exits, doors and windows after end of operations
- Check surveillance cameras periodically to identify disruptions or unlawful acts
- Investigate people for suspicious activity or possessions
- Respond to alarms by investigating and assessing the situation
- Provide assistance to people in need
- Apprehend and detain perpetrators according to legal protocol before arrival of authorities
- Submit reports of daily surveillance activity and important occurrences
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities. Police Officers must have excellent communication skills. Being able to explain the details of any situation, no matter who arrives on the scene, helps them make better decisions about how best to handle things as needed. Additionally, individual must meet the minimum standards as highlighted below:
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent (Preferred).
- Proven experience as security officer or guard
- Knowledge of legal guidelines for area security and public safety
- Familiarity with report writing
- Excellent surveillance and observation skills
- Tech-savvy with experience in surveillance systems
- Trained in First Aid/BLS and self-defense
- Registered as a security officer
- Minimum standard law enforcement training
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license.
- A Post certified
The Police Officer will report to and be supervised by the Executive Director, through the MOWA Police Chief. The Security Officer will have no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit for long periods of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The MCHA reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
NAHASDA activities are subject to Section 7(b) of the Indian Self-determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C. 450e(b)). PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO QUALIFIED NATIVE AMERICAN INDIANS. Proof of tribal citizenship is required to be deemed preference eligible.