|Job Title: Carpenter Helper||Department: Construction|
|Reports to: Construction Superintendent||Employment Status: Full-time|
|Classification: Non-Exempt||Salary Range: $18-$22/hr|
|Supervisory Status: N/A||Revision Date: July 2022|
The MOWA Choctaw Housing Authority (MCHA) is looking for a Carpenter Helper to assist with minor plumbing, electrical, carpentry, general maintenance, upkeep of physical structures, and miscellaneous minor repair work as required. Employment contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check, education, work history verification and drug screening test. Send resume to email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with minor plumbing, electrical, carpentry, general maintenance, upkeep of physical structures, and miscellaneous minor repair work as required.
- Support maintenance and other departments in repair of facilities.
- Any duties and responsibilities assigned to it by the Executive Director.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Skilled in building construction practices and terminology;
- Knowledge of standard safety and health rules, including fire prevention;
- Knowledge of techniques used in the maintenance and repair of buildings and equipment;
- Ability to read schematics, prints or as-built drawings, and troubleshoot problems
- Proactive and diligent in workflow and resolution of issues;
- Commitment to keep and maintain confidentiality requirements; and
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities. Additionally, individual must meet the minimum standards as highlighted below:
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent (Preferred).
- Construction or Similar Field: One (1) year (Preferred)
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license and transportation (required)
The Carpenter Helper will report to and be supervised by the Executive Director, through the Construction Superintendent. The Carpenter Helper will have no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit for long periods of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The MCHA reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
NAHASDA activities are subject to Section 7(b) of the Indian Self-determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C. 450e(b)). PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO QUALIFIED NATIVE AMERICAN INDIANS. Proof of tribal citizenship is required to be deemed preference eligible.